Wednesday, March 19, 2008

But what does it mean?


THis comic strip is, I hope, quite arty but at the same time sort of funny. The Moonbugs find an inscription on a wall left by a long dead era in human history. To us an URL is instantly recognisable, but to them of course it's just giberish.

You may have realised that I am totaly into comic books and comic strips and I've decided to share some of my hard won insights and expertise about what is worth a look. To start with an undisputed genius who all comic strip fans must have read, and if not they should go out and get immediately, Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson. The influence of this strip on the moonbugs is incredible, right down to me copying the way Bill does his signature. I always loved Calvin and Hobbes and my favourite part was always when Calvin imagined himself to be Spaceman Spiff. The Moonbugs is very much grounded in those Spaceman Spiff adventures. Here's a link to the book where it all started.

No comments: